Thursday, October 8, 2009

SOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


WHEEEEEEEEE! I have finished my first knit sock! Considering I have never ever ever finished a long craft project, this is a big deal. I am extremely grateful to Amy and Jenn who recommended I cast on the 2nd sock at the same time as the first, so that I am not left alone with one orphan sock.


So here it is ... the very reason I learned to knit...
Are you on ravelry.com? You can see the pattern for this and other projects I've completed in my notebook.
Some things about this project. I used Crystal Palace Puffin yarn. It is fleece yarn - not remotely ideal for socks, but ideal for me for the initial time I try a project. Why? Because it doesn't split, is easy to see and easy to handle.
Some websites that I used in this particular project (other than the ravelry pattern):

No comments:

Post a Comment